Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Adventure Awaits

The last couple of weeks I've just really wanted an adventure to go on. To get away from here and explore and feel free and young (well younger than 24) again; to do something stupid and silly and make memories. I'm not a person that sticks around here long without a trip of some sort and having been here for a couple of months is wearing me down. :) So as I was thinking I was like what can my adventure be? What can I do that is fun and exciting? My first thought was camping. I LOVE camping, I love being outside and since it's been SO cold I haven't been able to be outside and it makes me feel blah. Anyways so back to thinking about what I want to do. I tell Larissa all of my ideas: Horseback riding, camping, pioneer days in Guymon :) weekends at the lake, and floating the river! My goal for the summer is to be outside as much as possible, to enjoy the nature that God has to graciously given to us to enjoy!
Horseback riding in Arkansas


Camping in the Grand Canyon

Floating the Illinois River (Not us falling in)


Lake Tenkiller! :)

So then I started thinking about the Steven Curtis Chapman song The Great Adventure. This is what it says:

Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure

God's grace is my adventure, my life alone is an adventure!!! How perfect to help me realize HELLO, you don't necessarily need to do something crazy to be on an adventure. That's not to say that I still don't want to do fun outdoor things all summer, but I'm going to be more aware of the fact that this life I'm living is my great adventure! :) That's all I really have to say about that! It's just so exciting! Saddle up my horses....LET'S GO!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are going to need to take some adventures up to the East Coast! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete