Well, I'm currently ADDICTED to Pinterest...if you're not on there, you should be! Anyways, I saw these yummy Pizza muffins and thought they looked good and were easy to make so I made them last night for dinner. They were SO good! It tasted just like eating a pepperoni pizza, only healthier! We paired it with a salad and it was a perfect meal!
Here's what mine looked like
This is what was on the website
They are SO easy to make!!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt (my addition, optional)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (my addition, optional)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (I just used low fat)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni (I may do more next time)
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
NOTE: I used the extra-large 6 muffin pan. Doing it again I'd probably only make 4 large ones, but you can make them any size you want. You can also add a different meats other than pepperoni!