Friday, September 17, 2010

Builder Statements

I am a part of a wonderful church! I have the privilege of working with some of the most amazing people I know! The BFC Senior High. For over 5 years I have watched a particular group of now junior girls grow in to amazing young women! I am SO ridiculously blessed to have them in my life and I feel like they challenge and make me grow maybe more than I help them to grow. My heart seriously feels with joy when I think about these girls and what they mean to me and I can't imagine my life without them!

I also get to be a part of a really great staff. People that love these kids as much as I do, that are fun to hang out with and learn from!

This last Wednesday Chris Pollock had a great lesson! He has been bringing it the last few weeks and completely nailing it!

This last week he talked about using kind words to one another and we skyped with one of his friends from St. Louis. He talked about how when a student in his youth group puts down another he stops everything he is doing and brings the 2 together and the person that put the other one down has to say 3 things they like about the persons character (Builder Statements). As our time wrapped up Chris had all of the students stand up and give each other builder statements. It was such an awesome time watching them all interact with one another.
It's amazing how sometimes it's so easy to put others down but when trying to come up with 3 positive things is so hard!

Challenge of the week: Use Builder statements to other people! It's amazing the smile you can get out of it. You'll not only make the person feel better but feel better yourself just by releasing positive vibes!

1 comment:

  1. amen. positivity!!!!!! I'm staring now! I think you:
    1. are a really hard worker
    2. care more about other people than yourself
    3. are the first person I think of when I need to count on someone. you are ALWAYS there when you say you will be.

    basically....I love you.

    ReplyDelete