Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday", referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which starts on Ash Wednesday.


So...that's it! Today is my last day to eat fatty for the next 40 days! I've been trying to figure out what to give up for lent. Last year I didn't give anything up and the year before that I wrote notes to different people everyday instead of giving something up.

I've put lots of thought in to it and this year I think I'm not only going to give up coke, but flour products. Now, It may not seem like a huge thing but please realize how big of a sacrifice this is for me. I don't usually drink that much coke, really only one a week or so, but I LOVE FLOUR PRODUCTS, LOVE THEM. Like breads and rice and noodles and cupcakes....yummy yummy yummy!




So today I will be shoving those yummy things in my body, and will probably feel sick tomorrow. "You are today what you ate yesterday!" :)

For breakfast I had a sausage croissant from Sonic! I also plan to get a route44 coke with lime by the end of the day!

I will also spend the rest of my day looking for recipes of things I can make to help me survive the next 40 days. Lots of Salad and grilled chicken that is for sure!

I also promise to do my best to abide by my own guidelines and not cheat! Feel free to check up on me!

I will also be using this as a diet.....swimsuit reason is just around the corner!

So, feel free to help me out and keep me on track! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment