Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crockpot LOVE!

I've used my Crockpot from time to time in the last year that I've had it but I feel like I'm falling in love with it all over again!


Whoever came up with this cooking machine was a genius!  


We all know I'm not a fan of cooking, but how lovely that my beautiful red Crockpot just does it for me!  It makes a happy me when I come home from work and know that I do not have to do much except maybe whip up a couple sides!


I found a recipe on Pinterest(love) and I tweaked it very slightly and ended up with a DELICIOUS dinner!


The recipe called for Hawaiian BBQ sauce (I think), but I didn't have that.


So yesterday at lunch I thew in a couple chicken breasts, Caribbean Jerk Marinade, and a can of pineapple chunks and cooked it on low for the rest of the day.


OH MY WORD....let me tell you.  It was YUM YUMMY!  It had a nice sweet taste with a touch of spice to it!  We ate it with Salad and rolls.  I was pretty proud of myself and prep time after a long day at work was nothing!  I also use Crockpot bags so I don't have a messy clean up....or maybe it's just me being lazy. But either way prep and clean up was quick and I was able to snuggle up on the couch and read a book for the rest of the evening!


What Crockpot recipes do you love?

1 comment:

  1. I like making pot roast in mine...with onion soup mix, baby carrots and little yukon gold potatoes. Also LOVE the crockpot liners. Very much a great thing when I take it to work and make queso for food days. I call them crockpot condoms.

    ReplyDelete