Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lillie Baby

A couple weeks ago Brian and I had a great opportunity to watch our niece Lillie!  She's 5 1/2 months old and just pure sweetness.
We were talking about how we hope our baby is as mild mannered as this child.  She's super chill and only gets fussy when she's hungry or sleepy.

We were a little worried about how Millie would do with her.  She's only been around one other baby, my cousin Aubrey.  But Aubrey is 1, and bigger and not easily stepped on. :)  We eased her in to this by taking her outside first and smelling one of Lillie's blankets.  Once we let her in she did pretty good.  She really just wanted to be in her face the whole time licking on her.  Luckily Jon'Erik and Kaylee have a yellow lab as well so Lillie hardly noticed.  The rest of the weekend Millie hardly left her side.  Where Lillie went, Millie went too!
The little angel slept for 7 hours which made me very happy!!

The rest of the time with her was just so fun to hang out and play with her!  She's getting into the super fun age that she'll "talk" back and pays more attention to what you're saying to her.
I was proud of my husband.  He successfully changed his first diaper and even fed her a couple different times.
Saturday afternoon we went on a walk around the block!  Sis couldn't handle all the excitement and went to sleep instantly!  When we got back I was nervous she was going to be too hot so I took her dress off and made Brian give her water!
 Her constant talking warms my heart!!!!  She's going to have such a sweet little voice!
Like I said Millie was very intrigued with her and she liked Millie too!
I'm ready to see her this next weekend!  I hate not getting to see her as often as I'd like!!

Aren't nieces and nephews the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment