Thursday, July 28, 2011

To Do List

First of all....what happened to all of my blog pictures?  They just disappeared one day! :(


I'm trying to keep myself accountable for things that I need to get done at my house so I'm making a list.  I've finally come to the point where all of the pictures need to be on the walls and the rooms need to be finished (even though I know this will change as the years go by, but for the time being........).


1. Paint the master bedroom blue.
*Brian hates painting so this is going to be an adventure in itself.


2. Hang all of the pictures on the walls in our room.  Hang the TV on the wall. Paint Brian's temporary night stand to use until I find one I like.


3. Make or find gray curtains that match the bedding.  I'm thinking this or see picture.

4. Organize the jewelry that's taking over it's place in the closet.  Plus dust the closet....too much woodwork...too much dusting.


5. Recover the 60's yellow chair in the living room with leopard to match the stairs.  I really don't mind the yellow chair....just doesn't match the house.


6. Buy a dresser and hang pictures in the guest bedroom.


7. Get recovered pillows from mom to put on the bed.
* This is the most complete and probably CUTEST room in the house!
* It's currently the holding place for things I've marked as "put in a garage sale"

8. Print pictures of me and hubs and put them in frames.
*Still don't have engagements framed and we've been married 3 months.


The Hunting Room/Office/Other Guest bedroom (This needs it's own title)
Let me just explain why this needs a title all on it's own.  I'm somewhat out of my element on this one.  I never thought I'd see a massive deer head on my wall, but don't worry....there is one.  
To make things most fair in our house I have my super girly room and Brian has a more boyish room.  The deer and outdoor feel is very much beginning to grow on me, but do you know how hard it is to balance cuteness AND well.....outdoors.  When I search google for ideas I come up with something like this:  
Sorry....this girl is not in a cabin the woods.


Sooo.....All that to say I'm having to be a little creative.  But thanks to my good friend Pinterest I've found some pretty great ideas!  Now I've just got to get these started.


1. Sand and glaze the pallet headboard.


2. Make pallet shelves for the wall (Hang those)
3. Sew black backing on the curtains
* The room is too bright and Millie wakes up when the sun comes up


4. Glaze weathered shelf.  
*I started this weeks ago and never finished.


5. Find a desk!!  I'm being WAY to picky.  I just have some things that I want:
- I want a wrap around corner desk so it's more out of the way.
- It needs to look rustic to match the rest of the room.
- I think my dad is just going to have to make one.


Here are a couple I like....they just aren't corner desks.



6. Finish the pillows for the bed that are in the works! :)


So, that pretty much sums up what needs to get done!  Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show for all of the hard work soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment